Saturday, December 14, 2013

MOD: Precious Preemie Fashion Show

Well - it has been quite the month! I have been all around the Island and I couldn't be more honored to have all of these opportunities. Let me tell you about one of my favorite events, one that is very close to my heart, the March Of Dimes' "Precious Preemie Fashion Show."

This annual event is held to raise money for the March Of Dimes, while honoring children born prematurely who have beaten the odds. Each year, Miss Staten Island and Miss Richmond County are invited to attend. This marked the third year in a row that I was able to represent the Miss Staten Island Organization. In fact, it was my first and last appearance as Miss Staten Island 2012.
Just as before, Stephanie Accardo (Miss Richmond County) and I entered the Vanderbuilt for a meet and greet with the children. We've watched many of these kids grow up since 2011 and it was incredible to see how far they've come in two years! There were two extra-special girls that I had connected with previously that I was very excited to see - Jamie and Jianna. Daughters of a former ambassador family, these two beauties are always a joy to be around.
The program began in the ballroom. After Stephanie and I said the pledge, the children hit the runway in their "Birthday Fashion," as it was this year's theme. As usual, I couldn't help but feel happy watching them strut their stuff.
Thank you, once again, to the March Of Dimes for being a avid supporter of the Miss Staten Island Organization. We appreciate all that you do and that you allow us to be a part of it. I look forward to the March Of Dimes walk in the Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment