Saturday, December 14, 2013

SI Giving Circle

The Staten Island Giving Circle is a group of community members that are dedicated to helping others in this borough and beyond. I first met their founder, Evelyn, as Miss Greater New York 2013.
In November, I attended the group's monthly meeting to learn what they have been up to and what I can help with. Evelyn began the meeting by informing everyone about what had been accomplished in the past year. I couldn't believe what I heard -- they have helped so many people! The SI Giving Circle has some of the most generous and giving members.

They also had a visitor from the Philippines, with whom Evelyn had been working for typhoon relief. By the end of the meeting, the Giving Circle had come together to present him with over $1,000.
I am looking forward to working closely with the SI Giving Circle again this year as Miss Staten Island. Thank you for having me as a special guest at the November meeting, Evelyn, and for being so supportive of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment