Sunday, December 22, 2013

St. Jude "Give Thanks" Walk

With so many events, it's hard to keep up! But, I've done some pretty fun things in the past month and I am so excited to share them all with you!

Last month, I attended St. Jude's "Give Thanks" Walk in Brooklyn. This walk was set up to raise money for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. In a single day, across the nation, this walk was held and we came together to help St. Jude change the way the world treats childhood cancer.
I was excited to take part in this walk because I had learned so much about it from Kim, a woman who I met at Dock's Clam Bar on Staten Island. It was even bigger and better than I had imagined it would be! I arrived at the walk, accompanied by my dad, and made my way into the crowd.
I spotted a big banner that everyone was signing and began the day by leaving my mark there, as well.
The opening ceremonies kicked off the start of the walk and, soon, the crowd was making its way toward the Brooklyn Bridge. Unfortunately, I couldn't walk too far because of my recent hip injury, but that didn't stop me from cheering on the walkers!
At the conclusion of the walk, I was fortunate enough to hang out with some of the Z100 Morning Zoo cast members (Elvis Duran & Uncle Johnny) and Eric Trump! Their team, "Eric Trumps Cancer," partnered with my team, "Dock's Clam Bar Oysterettes." Eric & Elvis' team made over $172,000! They did an amazing job!
I had a great time with my dad, my team, and my fellow participants at this walk. I look forward to working with St. Jude more, in conjunction with my platform, in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment