Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Hope & Heroes Comedy Night

Following the Banker’s Association Luncheon, I headed home to take a quick nap (although that didn't exactly happen) and get ready for my second event, a "Hope & Heroes" fundraiser at The Looney Bin Comedy Club. Hope and Heroes Children's Cancer Fund is an organization which raise funds for the Division of Pediatric Hematology, Oncology & Stem Cell Transplantation at Columbia University Medical Center. I was looking forward to an evening of laughs, and time with my family, and hoping that tons of money would be raised.
When we arrived, my old friend "Soul" Joel showed us to our table. I was starving and couldn't resist ordering mini soft pretzels and cheese. I'm such a sucker for food! As we waited, I chatted with other guests and met the comedians; one of whom is my hilarious friend, and former Performing Arts teacher, Tracy Rosenberg. The night was already shaping up perfectly.
The warm up comedian began and I couldn't stop laughing. He was hilarious, and his impressions were on point. We watched the other comedians and it was clear that my make up was doomed because I was laughing so hard that I was crying. Every one of the performers nailed it. I was nervous that I was going to be a target, but everyone behaved themselves and I was safe…WHEW!

After the show, I introduced myself to the event coordinator from Hope & Heroes. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that she also works with the Pediatric Cancer Foundation, so she knew me before I even began to say who I was! We made plans to get in touch and work together in the future. What a great night…but then, again, how can you lose when you’re out having fun, with people you care about, raising money for a great cause?

No comments:

Post a Comment