Sunday, July 13, 2014

Richmond County Bankers Association

A few months ago I had the pleasure of meeting Joe Bottega at the Gateway Rotary Club of Staten Island meeting. He asked me if I would like to speak at the Richmond County Bankers Association in June. I agreed and remember thinking how far away June was! But, as it always does, time flew by and the date had arrived.

My mom and I made our way to Giulianna's Restaurant for speeches, baskets and brunch. I was surprised at how big the restaurant was as it looked pretty compact from the outside! We were seated at the head of the table and met many of the attendees, all of whom are in the banking industry.
After appetizers, it was time for my speech. I spoke about myself, the Miss America Organization and my platform. When I was through, several of the bankers had some questions for me. They were very interested in the organization and the opportunities that it opens up for so many young women. When I was through, I was presented with a check for the Pediatric Cancer Foundation. What a great surprise!
As we ate, I chatted with several of the women bankers who continued to ask questions about MAO. I was thrilled to explain the Princess Program to them and they said that they would be looking into it for their nieces and grandchildren. I love it when I am able to inspire others to come into this organization because I know they won't regret it. 

After dinner, raffles were called and…you guessed it…I won one of the four baskets! Movie tickets and candy…PERFECT!
Dessert was served and we said our good-byes. Thank you Joe for having me and for your generous check. I know that they will be able to do so much with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment