Friday, January 3, 2014

Finale To A Busy Weekend!

My busy weekend, which began with Breakfast With Santa, the World Of Women Holiday Party, and the POETIC fundraiser, concluded with another full schedule on Sunday.

I began my day with "Part 2" of Breakfast With Santa at Applebee's in the Staten Island Mall. Just as the day before, the event benefited the Staten Island Children's Campaign and I was proud to be in attendance with Alexa, Miss Staten Island's Outstanding Teen 2014. This time, we saw even more familiar faces!
Later on that day, after teaching dance at my studio (Gigante Dance Center), I headed over to a Tree Lighting Ceremony in the snow. I had been invited by Janine Materna of the Pleasant Plains, Prince's Bay, Richmond Valley Civic Association.
When I arrived, I noticed another crown sparkling in the snow! It was Charista Mroczek, Miss Richmond County's Outstanding Teen 2014! We enjoyed the event (& the festive weather) and were both invited to speak to the crowd. I loved seeing some friends and the new Borough President, James Oddo, too!
And with that, the busy weekend came to a close. I had a great day out and about in the community with two of the island's teen queens! We are proud to represent such a tight knit borough!

No comments:

Post a Comment