Saturday, January 11, 2014

Iron Hills Civic Association Holiday Gala

Last month, I was asked by Carol Benanti (of the Staten Island Advance) to attend the Iron Hills Civic Association Holiday Gala. The group's president, Dr. Khalid, had requested that she contact me. I was honored to have been invited and glad that it fit right into an open space in my schedule.
The gala was held at the Richmond County Country Club. The set up was gorgeous and I was amazed by the amount of people in attendance. I knew I would find Carol there, but I was surprised to see some other people that I knew: Richard & Lois Nicotra, Dr. Otterbeck, and Anthony Ferreri. A little later in the night, we also received a visit from Joan Cusack and former Borough President James Molinaro. I even met John Fusco (a Supreme Court Justice), Brian J. Laline (editor of the Staten Island Advance), and an AOII alum!
Dr. Otterbeck
Dr. Khalid, Joan Cusack, BP James Molinaro, Anthony Ferreri
John Fusco
Brian Laline
AOII Alum
The night included the presentation of three awards for outstanding members of the Staten Island community. The honorees were: Mark & Laura Lauria (community leaders and owners of Mark Lauria Associates), Richard & Lois Nicotra (owners of the Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn & Suites and the Nicotra Group) and Donna Proske (new executive director of Staten Island University Hospital). I continue to be in awe of how much Staten Islanders support one another and I am extremely proud and honored to be representing this borough. I truly feel it is an exceptional community in every way.

Mark & Laura Lauria
Richard & Lois Nicotra
Donna Proske & Anthony Ferreri
Thank you, once again, to Carol Benanti & Dr. Khalid for thinking of me. I had a wonderful night and loved getting to know the members of the Iron Hills Civic Association!

No comments:

Post a Comment