Monday, April 14, 2014

Pack 5/Troop 5 Breakfast

A little over a year ago I became involved in the Staten Island Giving Circle, a large community outreach group dedicated to assisting the disadvantaged and/or underserved in our community. It was then that I met Evelyn (the group's leader) and Tina (an active group member). Both of these women do incredible things for Staten Island and I am proud to know them. At a recent meeting, I learned that there would be a pancake breakfast to benefit Boy Scout Troop 5/Pack 5, of which Tina’s adorable son Pierce is a member. I knew I couldn’t pass up an opportunity to meet these young gentlemen.
Early...verrry early...on March 22nd, my whole family and my boyfriend Nick accompanied me to Our Lady Star of The Sea prepared to eat! The boys were so cute and they seemed to have everything perfectly under control. There were not only pancakes, but French toast (which was awesome), bacon, eggs, coffee and juice, as well.
Pierce came right over to see me and made sure that he told me how he missed me. I swear, I think he’s really 35! We finished our food, mingled with the boys and their families and caught up with some old friends. 
What a great way to spend a Saturday morning! Thanks for having me, Troop 5/Pack 5! Full and happy, which is usually the case for me, I made my way home to get ready for my second event of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment