Sunday, April 6, 2014

"Stuck With de Bill"

One of the things that I have always loved about being a part of the Miss America Organization is the opportunities it affords me to meet incredible people. Michael Scholl is one of those people. He is an avid pageant fan who friended me on social media about a year ago. Michael is a constant supporter and promoter of all events presented by the Miss NY Class of 2014. If he is available, he makes sure to attend them, as well.
A few months ago Michael contacted me to invite my family and I to the dress rehearsal for the Inner Circle's annual performance, which is a time honored NY tradition at the New York Hilton. The Inner Circle is an American parody group made up of seasoned reporters, bloggers, web journalists, and television and radio personalities. It hosts an event every year in March at the New York Hilton, and each year the show has a different theme. There is a strict "no professional talent" rule. This year's theme was "Stuck With de Bill."

The dress rehearsal - which is open to friends and family - is free. The actual show has many politicians and celebrities in attendance and tickets can cost over $700! Where does all of this money go? Well, the Inner Circle's members get to pick their own charity to donate a portion of the proceeds to and I was more than honored when Michael told me that he would like to donate to one of my organizations.
My family and I were not quite sure what to expect but what we got was something that far surpassed anything we might have conceived. When we arrived at the venue, the line to get into the ballroom was insane! There were at least a thousand people there! We quickly found some seats, which, I might add, were awesome!
While we waited for the show to begin, I mingled with the crowd, took some pictures and met some of the cast. People must have thought I was part of the show because I was asked several times if I was "the REAL Miss Staten Island!"
The show began and all I can say is WOW! From start to finish, it was nothing but incredible; professional, hysterically funny and completely entertaining. I was even able to pick out several television reporters I knew!
To make the night even more spectacular, we were invited back to a private party for the cast and their families after the show. I was able to meet and speak with news anchors and reporters, including NJ Burkett and Dan Mannarino, and Beth Karas (the President of the Inner Circle). I was beyond honored to also meet and speak with legendary newsman Gabe Pressman, who just turned 90 this year!
After the night was over, I spoke with Michael about who I would be choosing to receive the donation. I am thrilled to announce that the Inner Circle will be including "Gianna Nicole's Heart Of Hope Foundation" on this year's donation list. This organization does incredible work assisting families affected by pediatric cancer. They believe that "no family should ever have to endure the burden of financial difficulty while fighting for their child’s life" and I completely agree.

Thank you, Michael, for always supporting the Miss New York Organization and its titleholders. We are all so grateful for your assistance in all that we do. I would also like to personally thank you for allowing me to take part in this New York City tradition, while helping a worthy organization along the way! Congratulations on a wonderful show!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for the kind words Jamie. I'm glad you and your family had a great time at the dress rehearsal and I am very happy that a portion of the proceeds from the Saturday night show will go to such a worthy organization as Gianna Nicole's Heart Of Hope Foundation. I know my fellow Inner Circle members really enjoyed meeting you and having their picture taken with you. I hope you can make it again next year!

    ReplyDelete