Thursday, August 21, 2014

Light The Night Kick Off & Fundraising

"Light The Night (LTN) Walk is a fundraising campaign of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) which brings together families and communities to honor blood cancer survivors, as well as those lost to the diseases, and shine a light on the importance of finding cures and providing access to treatments for blood cancer patients." I have taken part in this walk for many years. Last year, I was a member of the LTN Committee on Staten Island and this year I am serving as co-chair of the committee. That is why it was extra-special for me to attend this year's Light The Night Kick Off Party!
The Kick Off Party serves as a celebration to jump start each team's fundraising and encourage new teams to join us. This year's event was a great success, complete with food, raffles, and motivational presentations.
Last year, my team raised $2,710. While it may seem like a hefty task, I would love to surpass that total this year and I am setting the team goal at $3,000. My team, "Miss Staten Island's Angels," currently has $550 raised. Let's get this number up!

Donate. Join My Team. Walk To End Blood Cancers.

THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment