Sunday, March 23, 2014

"Lights, Camera, Fashion!"

The St. George Theater is a Staten Island landmark and for the past 3 years it has been home to the Miss New York pageant. The theater has been undergoing costly renovations and "Lights, Camera, Fashion!" - a fashion show co-chaired by Dr. Gracelyn Santos and Lisa Bova-Hiat is an annual event which helps to keep those renovations funded.
Last month, I was thrilled to be in attendance at this fabulous event where girls ages 5 – 13 strutted down the runway in fabulous fashions from the Staten Island Mall and Country Mouse Boutique. The girls were simply adorable and many were quite eager to hear about how they could join the MAO Star Princess program, which I love to promote.
Music was provided by an old friend, Vinnie Medugno who was also the show’s emcee. Vinnie never ceases to amaze me with his ability to speak at the speed of light! Also on hand as volunteers were: my good friend and pageant sister Cassie Paradise, my hair sponsor Claudia Carucci of Zoe Salon (whose daughter was modeling) and Mr. Jim Smith, Executive Director of The Miss Staten Island Organization (whose great niece was also a model in the show). I even spotted the current Miss Richmond County's Outstanding Teen (Charista Mroczek) & Miss New York City's Outstanding Teen (Dominique Bianco) on the runway!
The most gratifying part of my job as a title holder is meeting people who are fighting for causes that they believe in. As we chatted at our table, I met Allison Bennett, whose niece is currently the youngest person to ever be diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis at just 22 months old.  I will now be joining her team at the Great Strides Walk on Staten Island on June 8th.

Before the afternoon was over, raffle basket winners were called and I won a prize from Max's Es-ca. I just love basket raffles!
Congratulations to the show's organizers for hosting a fabulous event. I’m looking forward to once again performing on stage at the St. George Theater as I compete for the state crown on May 24th. Look for Miss New York ticket details soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment