Friday, March 7, 2014

St. John Villa Academy: Fashion Show

Throughout my life, I have had the privilege of meeting so many amazing people who have helped me in more ways than I can begin to name. A few years ago, I met Lauren Lam and her mom Kelly. My sorority, Alpha Omicron Pi (AOII), adopted Lauren through the Friends of Jaclyn Foundation - a non profit organization committed to improving the quality of life of children battling pediatric brain tumors. She became an honorary sister. Lauren, Kelly and their family have been some of my biggest supporters and that’s why I felt privileged to attend St. John Villa's Fashion Show on February 12th, which raised funds for "Unique: The Rare Chromosome Disorder Support Group," and to support Lauren who was one of the coordinators for this event.
If you've ever tried to park around Villa, you know that it is not easy. Now combine that with snow mounds and icy sidewalks and make that once difficult task almost impossible. Thanks to Kelly, though, who ran outside with no coat to help us out, the parking mission was accomplished.

After changing from boots to heels, I was ready to go. Once inside, I was greeted by Kelly’s daughters, Shannon and Katie, who were eager to introduce me to all of their friends. Of course, I had to stop by the raffle table and buy a few tickets! I later won 2 baskets -- happy girl!
The fashion show began. The girls looked great in their fashions from the Staten Island Mall and Ultimate Fashions. I fell in love with quite a few gowns. I think I have a dress problem! After the show I found Lauren, ate (of course), and took some pictures with the girls.
It was a great night and I was happy to support a girl who has become part of my family. Thank you to St. John Villa Academy for having me and Kelly & Lauren for inviting me. I'll be there for you anytime my little AOII!

No comments:

Post a Comment