Sunday, May 11, 2014

Cabaret For The Cure

One of the greatest things about the Miss America Organization is the amazing young women we get to meet and the friendships that we make with each other. Christina Moore, Miss Cosmopolitan, is a long time friend who I met at Wagner College when we were on the dance team together. When I was asked to perform at her "Cabaret For The Cure" to raise funds for sarcoma research and awareness, I was thrilled to accept. Christina is meticulous (okay…OCD, but meticulous sounds better) and I knew that this event would be awesome!
I went straight from work to The Cutting Room in Manhattan with my family. When we arrived, I quickly got into my costume and put on my makeup so that I could try out the stage. When you're a dancer, small stages are not your friend, but I knew that I could make it work. Being able to practice my talent for Miss NY was also a plus.

It was great to see my fellow pageant sisters, Amanda Alicea, Stephanie Accardo, Julia Rae Schlucter, Kira Kasantsev, Dominique Bianco, Melissa Phillips, Acacia Courtney, and Amanda Mason, who were there to perform. Michael Scholl and Cassie Paradise, both great friends and supporters, were also in the audience. 
The night began and the talent that unfolded was spectacular. Christina emceed the show with another good friend of mine, Mike Pinto, who is absolutely hilarious! They made a great pair!One of the most inspirational acts was Evan Ruggiero, a dancer who lost part of his leg to cancer. He performed an off the charts tap dance that left me speechless. It was simply awe-inspiring.
The show was long, but well worth it to see such fabulous talent. As the night came to a close, I reflected on all of the wonderful things that the titleholders of MAO do to promote their causes and make a difference in the world. Bravo Christina! You did an incredible job and I am honored to have been able to take part in your event. I am proud to call you my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment