Sunday, May 11, 2014

CITGO & The AACA Car Show

Directly from the March of Dimes Walk on April 27th, I made my way to the AACA (Antique Automobile Club of America) Car Show to assist at the CITGO Booth. CITGO is a Miss America affiliate and a sponsor of Miss New York. They had contacted Linda Carbo to ask to if Miss Staten Island would come to the event to represent the organization. It was pretty cold and windy so I was more than happy to make a quick change from my dress and heels to jeans, a Citgo T-shirt and flats! I seem to have become quite a master at quick changes these days!
When I arrived, I quickly found Debbie Cantoni, the Executive Director of the Miss NY Organization who led me to the CITGO booth. By this time the wind had really kicked up. I had a pretty hard time keeping my sash from flying away! I was introduced to Mike Moran (a CITGO General Manager) and met his daughter and a few other girls that were helping out. Linda Carbo was also on hand...freezing, as well!
I picked up some flyers, put on my foam CITGO finger (which kept my hand warm), and walked around the car show trying to get people to sign up for the CITGO Rewards Card. There were some pretty cool cars at the show and I stopped by a few to take some pictures. I also stopped to chat with the gentlemen from The Carl V. Bini Memorial Fund who invited me to their annual Bikers for Bini motorcycle and car show in August. Of course, I accepted and am looking forward to attending.
Before we left I spoke with Mike for a bit and found out that he owns quite a few CITGO stations on Staten Island. We made plans for future appearances and I think I might have even got him hooked on pageants for his daughter who is a dancer.

Thanks to CITGO for being a wonderful sponsor and Miss America supporter, Mike Moran for being so kind, and Linda Carbo for connecting me with this event!

No comments:

Post a Comment