Sunday, June 15, 2014

Memorial Day Parade

Time to get back on track and let you know what I've been up to since Miss NY! Many people ask me if things have slowed down now that the state pageant is over. The answer is - ABSOLUTELY NOT! If anything, I've been busier than ever! But, I am thankful for every opportunity I have had in my community and will continue to use my crown until the day I must pass it on to the next very lucky girl.

Just two days after Miss New York was Memorial Day. Keeping with tradition, I made my way to the Memorial Day Parade on Forest Avenue with Miss Richmond County, Miss Staten Island's Outstanding Teen, and our princesses. This year, we were even joined by the newly crowned Miss New York 2014, Kira Kazantsev!
The weather was perfect as we arrived and began to greet the parade participants. Coming off of an exciting whirlwind of a week, it was humbling to be able to meet some of the brave men and women who have served our country.
We ran into Assemblyman Michael Cusick and Borough President James Oddo, as well, who are always supporting the events on Staten Island. I appreciate their genuine love for this borough and this state. 
In no time, the parade was beginning and we all got into our assigned cars. I was happy to once again be riding with Len Bosso. He has driven me in countless parades from the time I was Miss Staten Island 2012!
My princess, Natalie, rode shotgun as we made our way down Forest Avenue. It was so much fun! And, though it was hot in the sun, the wind provided some much-needed relief. 
 Once the parade ended, I posed for a few last pictures before making my way into Dunkin' Donuts - of course! I love the joy on a little girl's face when she sees "the princess" and it is always my pleasure to speak with them.
We all had a great time at the Memorial Day Parade and I am so grateful to have been able to participate in it for the past 3 years. Thank you to all of the men and women who continue to serve our country and to those who made the ultimate sacrifice. You will never be forgotten!

No comments:

Post a Comment