Monday, June 30, 2014

Wheels On The Water

Earlier this month, I attended two events for the NYC Arts Cypher. They are an official 501c3 nonprofit organization, committed to promoting positive values through arts and entertainment programs, projects, and events. Their website reads:
Our organization is focused on the youth in our communities; in particular at-risk teens who have difficulty working in an educational setting. Our goal is to motivate young people to apply their energies in a positive and productive manner.
The NYC Arts Cypher has been working on an Anti-Bullying Campaign entitled "Don't Be A Bully" for quite some time. This year, I was honored to have been asked to take part in their annual press-conference. I spoke about my own experiences with bullying - because unfortunately everyone has them.
One week later, I attended their "Wheels On The Water" event. This event featured a dine-out fundraiser at the Marina Cafe during which a portion of the proceeds were donated to the organization. There were vendors, raffles, and exotic cars along with a live DJ and special guests. Two of those guests included Courtney Hall from BELLA Magazine and my friend Christina Moore, Miss Cosmopolitan.
After the event had to be cancelled twice due to bad weather, we definitely found a nice night! It was a lot of fun and my dad, who was my date for the night, enjoyed it, too! I think his favorite part was looking at all the exotic cars.
I, personally, loved being interviewed - quite a few times! I always think, "I would never have been able to do this a few years ago!" It a nice reminder of how much I've grown through the Miss America Organization.
Thank you to Charlie Balducci (president and founder of NYC Arts Cypher) and Renee Wood for inviting me to attend both the press conference and "Wheels On The Water." I am happy to support your organization and the great things you're doing for the youth in our community!

No comments:

Post a Comment